BOSTON, MA — September 9, 2006 — TimeTrade Systems announced today that it is extending and enhancing its industry-leading appointment scheduling software. Version 4.5 will be immediately available to all users, adding dozens of new features to the powerful system. Included are improvements in Internet security, system administration, credit card handling, and power configuration features that let TimeTrade satisfy more complex needs than ever before, while maintaining the same easy-to-use interface for self-service scheduling.
TimeTrade’s TimeCommerce Enterprise Scheduling Application (TESA) is a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software product that automates complex, large-scale appointment scheduling processes. More than a hundred million appointments have been processed using TESA systems in the past three years.
Much more than a simple appointment calendar, TESA includes hundreds of features that support the modern customer-oriented enterprise’s need to manage resources while serving customers well. TimeTrade systems are used by retailers for customer scheduling, government agencies serving the public, financial advisors meeting with clients, healthcare providers scheduling patients, university departments meeting with students and applicants, and more.
TESA is appropriate for any enterprise (large or small) whose workday is managed from an appointment book. Yet it’s easy enough that many users open the system up for self-service scheduling by the public, via the Web or voice response. Customers love the convenience of self-service scheduling 24/7, managers love the system’s real-time reporting capabilities, and everyone loves the shorter waiting lines enabled by a well-managed appointment system.
New features added since version 4 include:
Expanded security features
- Credit card number visibility (for identity theft protection): restrict visibility to last 4 digits; specify which users can see the whole number, and log every full-number viewing in an audit file
- Password encryption
- Finer control on which users can access specific system configuration features (enables configuring the system to meet the needs of a specific business)
Increased flexibility in appointment data and appointment listings
- Sort appointment lists by columns (bi-directional)
- Filtering (select appointments by specified variables)
- Multi-row appointment entries, for rich information display. Displaying multiple rows reduces the need for left-right scrolling when it’s desirable to show many fields for each appointment
- Optional expanded information display for complex appointment information
- Appointment data can include audit data on when the client checked out, including whether it was on schedule, early or late
- Improved control over recurring appointments
Richer support for marketing campaigns
- Automatically apply discounts for specific groups of clients, such as a fitness center’s member discount for premier members
Ease of operation, more attractive screens
- Choice of user interface for self-service scheduling
- Improved navigation buttons
- Row shading on appointment lists
- Browse calendar for availability in full-day or half-day view. Enables self-service clients to browse a wider range of dates and find what they want more rapidly
Richer data about each service location and resources
- For multi-location enterprises, selected users can specify travel times between locations, client settings, and office hours by location
- Appointment resources can have restricted or unrestricted availability. For instance, a manager can specify that multiple clients can be seen in the same meeting or treatment room, or only one per room
- Enhanced control over how many appointments a resource can hold, by activity type or a particular campaign. Can be used, for instance, to meter how much time is devoted to a particular promotion, on a per-person or per-resource basis. Can also be used to budget the number of appointments per day, week, etc.
- Includes ability for specified users to override those limits
- Control of customer information: managers can specify which users are allowed to add, edit and delete email addresses
- Control of which users can add or modify prices, scheduling rules, cancellation policies, etc.
- Separate control over which users can add client records and which can edit them
Expanded API features (for integration with other systems)
- Other systems can ask TESA for appointment availability by date range, and maximum number of available slots to return
Each TimeTrade user’s system is individually configured through database settings. Yet all users share a common code base, so all receive the benefit of the new features.
About TimeTrade Systems, Inc.
Based in Burlington, MA, TimeTrade Systems, Inc. provides appointment scheduling software and hosted (“on-demand”) solutions to some of the world’s best known organizations. TimeTrade offers highly-configurable turnkey solutions that are quick to implement right off the shelf, as well as embeddable solutions for organizations who want to integrate appointment scheduling capabilities into other computerized systems using a Service-Oriented Architecture.
TimeTrade is a registered trademark and TimeCommerce and TESA are trademarks of TimeTrade Systems, Inc.