Managing B2B sales teams is one of the most challenging professional roles for leaders. The most successful sales managers aren’t just managers—they’re impactful, transformational leaders with the skills, experience and charisma to transform ordinary sales reps into highly effective, results-oriented, enthusiastic sales pros. From hiring the right team members to complement your existing team’s strengths and weaknesses to fostering a culture of enthusiasm and success, managing sales performance, and more, the job of a B2B sales leader is never done.
We’ve put together this comprehensive playbook jam-packed with useful tools, guides and resources to help you manage every aspect of B2B sales management and accelerate sales. From recruiting and hiring to training, motivation, gamification, sales metrics, choosing the right tools to foster sales acceleration, and facilitating better marketing-sales alignment to improve lead quality and results, we’ve covered it all to provide you with a complete resource to hone your leadership skills and cultivate winning teams.
Here’s what you’ll find in this guide:
- Enhancing Your Sales Leadership Skills
- Talent Management: How to Recruit and Hire the Best
- Quotas and Territory Management
- Sales Skills Training: Coaching, Mentoring and Continuing Education
- Sales Performance Management: Motivating Your Sales Team: Engagement, Gamification and Morale
- Sales Acceleration: Harnessing Sales Technology
- Improving Lead Generation through Better Marketing-Sales Alignment
- Sales Metrics that Matter
Enhancing Your Sales Leadership Skills
The world’s greatest sales leaders are committed to lifelong learning and continuous professional development. Continuing to improve on your sales and management skills will help you become a better leader, keep pace with the rapid changes in markets and consumer demands, and stay on top of your sales game so you can be a better coach and mentor to your reps.
What traits and characteristics are essential for today’s top sales leaders? From solid values and ethics to leading by example, these 10 resources break down the most important skills and characteristics for B2B sales management success:
- 20 “Must Have” Leadership Traits if You Want to Succeed
- The 7 Attributes of the Most Effective Sales Leaders
- Developing Top Leaders: 5 Crucial Skills
- These Five Leadership Qualities will Make you a Better Sales Manager
- 5 Essential Skills You Need To Be A Successful Sales Manager
- 8 Must-Have Qualities In A Great Sales Team Manager
- The Skills That Should Be in Every Sales Manager Job Description
- Transitioning from Sales Manager to Sales Leader
- The Seven Qualities of Top Sales Managers
- 10 Management Skills that Make the Best Sales Managers Stand Out
Check out these seven resources for more insight on the importance of continued professional development for sales managers and how to hone your leadership skills:
- Your Guide to Developing Sales Managers: How to Effectively Maximize Neglected Talent
- From Sales Manager to High-Performance Sales Leader
- How to Develop Sales Managers into Sales Leaders
- Are Your Sales Managers “winging it?”
- What Sales Managers Can Learn from The Military
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Empathic Sales Leadership Skills
- Sales Management Best Practices
If you’re ready to start honing your leadership skills, check out this selection of 10 sales management and leadership training resources for B2B sales managers:
- Sales Management
- Sales Management Training: High-Impact Sales Manager Program
- Sales Meeting Kits
- Criteria for Success: Training Resources
- The Brooks Group – Straightforward, No Nonsense Sales Management Training: An 8-Step Process to Coaching Excellence
- Rapid Learning Institute: Leadership & Management Training
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Training
- Carew International Sales Management and Leadership Development Programs
- Sales Development Expert: Sales Leadership Training
- Ryan Estis: Sales Leadership Training
Talent Management: How to Recruit and Hire the Best
Effective sales managers know that it’s not just about finding top talent, but finding the right talent to enhance your existing team and equipping your new hires with the skills and know-how to get results.
Check out these 13 resources for insights and information on how to improve your recruiting and hiring tactics to attract and retain today’s top sales talent:
- What it Takes to Really Attract Top Sales Talent
- 4 Tips to Help You Hire Top-performing Sales Talent
- 4 Reasons You’re Not Attracting Top Sales Talent (And How To Fix It)
- ABR: Why You Should Always be Recruiting for Your Sales Team (and How to Do It Right)
- Six Reasons You Should Include Simulations in Your Sales Hiring and Training Processes
- Why is it so Hard to Hire Sales Talent?
- 7 Things You Should Know About Hiring Top Sales Performers
- Survey: Where to Find Top Sales Talent
- How to Hire and Retain Top Sales Talent
- How to hire rockstar sales talent
- A Seven Step Process for Hiring Top Salespeople
- How to Find and Hire Top Sales Talent
- Recruiting Top Sales Talent | How to Predict Success Before you Hire
Quotas and Territory Management
One important facet of sales performance management is configuring territories, assigning quotas, and even scheduling in some cases. Empowering your sales reps to manage their own schedules is one of the best ways to demonstrate trust in your reps and ease your management workload, but your sales reps’ efficiency hinges, at least in part, on strategic territory alignment. That said, there are several considerations for smart territory management, such as determining whether to divide territories strictly based on geography, by product line, or another variable, or opting to assign top-performing reps to high-value accounts even when it means inconvenient geographical alignment.
Check out these 17 resources for tips for managing quotas and utilizing strategic territory alignment:
- B2B Sales Management World Class Best Practices on Territory Management
- How to Use Sales Metrics to Set More Accurate Quotas
- Sales Operations and Quota Setting: Use the Right Data
- Tough Truth about Quotas
- Creating Sales Quotas
- Setting sales quotas
- Do You Manage Sales Quotas or Sales Performance?
- What to Do When a Sales Representative Misses Quota
- 7 Essential Territory Management Tips
- Three Territory Management Time Wasters to Avoid
- How to Strategically Divide Your Sales Territories
- 3 Keys to Maintaining Effective Sales Territories
- Sales Territory Management: 5 Best Practices
- 7 quick-fire tips for efficient sales territory management
- Sales Tips – 12 Tips and Questions About Territory Management
- 3 Tips to Win at Territory Management
- Creating Measurable Stretch Goals
Sales Skills Training: Coaching, Mentoring and Continuing Education
One of the many facets of sales management is being an effective sales coach. Arming your reps with the guidance they need to continue to improve their skills will benefit their performance, and your team’s overall effectiveness.
Check out these 13 resources for more information on the importance of sales skills training and tips on effective sales coaching and mentorship:
- Behavioral Coaching Institute: What is Sales Coaching?
- EcSell Institute: Sales Coaching Webinars
- Why You Need Sales Coaching & How to be Successful
- Why Offering Ongoing Training and Development Makes Good Business Sense
- 3 Easy Ways to Provide Ongoing Training Plans for Your Reps
- Sales Leadership: 2 Key Actions That Increase Sales Performance
- Key Leadership Behaviors That Improve Sales Force Performance
- Improving Sales Performance: New Rules for Leaders
- Observation Checklist for Sales Managers
- 5 Keys to Successful Sales Coaching
- 3 Tips for Tapping Into Managers’ Sales Coaching Abilities
- Coaching Development: The Key to Sales Growth
- Top Coaching Habits of Great Sales Managers
Not sure where to look for top-quality training resources? Here are 10 useful sales training resources, training portals and consultants, and courses to help your reps keep developing their sales skills:
- How to Manage Your Sales Territory
- Sales Fundamentals
- Sales Effectiveness Training
- Five Free Sales Training Games
- RAIN Group: Online Sales Training
- The Sales Resource Center
- 12 Amazing Sales Training & Coaching Sites
- Richardson: Sales Training Resources & Materials
- Sales Training International
- Miller Heiman Group: Sales Ready
Sales Performance Management: Motivating Your Sales Team with Engagement, Gamification and Morale
Effective sales management starts with exceptional leadership skills. Enthusiasm is contagious. Motivating your reps to hit their goals, fostering enthusiasm about your products and services, company goals, and your reps’ individual and team targets cultivates a positive company culture and boosts results. How do you go about keeping your sales team engaged and boosting morale?
Check out these 10 informative resources for insights on motivational leaderhip to help your sales team hit its goals:
- 5 Ways Sales Managers Can Help Their Team Exceed Quota
- How to Get Your Sales Team to Exceed Quotas
- 5 Things Proactive Sales Managers Do Differently
- 3 Proven Ways to Motivate Your Sales Team
- How to Motivate your Slacking Sales Team
- Motivating Salespeople: What Really Works
- Motivate Your Sales Team: The 20 Point Checklist
- Inspiring Your Sales Force
- 7 Tips for Communicating with Sales Teams
- Feedback: The Key to Growth, Motivation, and Company Strength
What about incentive programs? These eight resources will help you get your sales incentive programs right:
- Motivating Your Sales Team: It’s (Not) All About the Money
- 6 Sales Incentive Strategies that Will Delight Your Finance Team
- Sales Incentive Strategy Done the Right Way
- How to Create Sales Incentive Programs That Work
- The Future of Sales Incentives
- Activity-Based Sales Incentives That Make Sense
- Inspire and Reward Your Sales Force Even When Times are Tough
- An Exploratory Study of Sales Incentive Programs
Here are eight informative resources on how to use gamification to ramp up enthusiasm and boost results:
- Motivate Sales Teams with Gamification
- 4 Benefits of Sales Gamification
- 7 Sales Gamification Secrets to Drive Productivity
- 15 Sleek Apps To Gamify Sales In Your Company
- Gamification, Next Generation Sales Enablement
- Game On! Motivate Your Sales Team With Gamification
- 20 Examples of Games or Gamification for Sales Training
- Best Sales Gamification Software
Sales Acceleration: Harnessing Sales Technology
Managing today’s fast-paced sales environments requires savvy use of technology. Fortunately, there are an abundance of tools at your disposal to help you manage and oversee virtually every aspect of the sales process. From sales enablement tools to pipeline management, forecasting, sales analytics, and more, the myriad tools on the market mean configuring your sales technology stack is nothing short of overwhelming. Do it right, though, and you’ll amplify your team’s results by harnessing powerful analytics and automation for sales acceleration.
Check out the following 10 resources for insights on how to configure your sales technology stack, how to choose the right technology tools to accelerate sales, and more:
- The Four Pillars of the Sales Technology Stack
- How To Build A Tech Stack For Account-Based Sales
- There’s a New Sales Tech Stack on the Block
- How to Build a Sales Technology Stack for Better Productivity
- Your Complete 3-Step Guide to Building Your Sales Technology Stack
- Defining the B2B Sales Tech Stack
- Why Your Sales Development Team Needs a Clearly Defined Technology Stack
- A Day in the Life: Sales Rep Technology Stack
- Why Your Sales and Marketing Stack Needs a Solid Foundation
- How to Build an Enterprise-Level Sales Stack
Improving Lead Generation through Better Marketing-Sales Alignment
Is your team selling to leads that just don’t seem to convert? Identifying the root cause of a growing number of non-converting leads is crucial for boosting your sales conversion rate. Maybe you need to realign your sales territories. Perhaps your sales reps need some additional training. Maybe you’re targeting the wrong markets. Or, perhaps the quality of your leads is declining. It’s not about assigning blame but improving the process. If you’re discovering that sales leads aren’t ready to buy, there are several tactics you can employ to boost lead generation and increase the number of sales-ready leads, but it all starts with great marketing-sales alignment.
Check out these 10 resources for valuable insights you can put to use to enhance marketing-sales alignment and improve the quantity and quality of your sales leads:
- Four Best Practices to Ensure Sales/Marketing Alignment
- 6 steps towards improved marketing-sales alignment and business growth
- How to Improve Marketing and Sales Alignment
- Improving Sales and Marketing Alignment
- Study: Marketing Automation Platforms Improve Marketing and Sales Alignment
- 4 Steps to Effective Marketing and Sales Communication
- 5 Ways to Align Marketing With Sales to Close More Deals
- How the right technology can improve sales and marketing alignment
- Improving Sales and Marketing Alignment: New Data Reveals Sales’ New Top Concerns
- How To Improve Sales & Marketing Alignment Through Events
Sales Metrics that Matter
Most sales management and leadership efforts will fall short without clear goals that are aligned with strategic business objectives, clearly defined KPIs, and ongoing measurement to monitor results. But what metrics matter most to you, as a sales leader, and to your sales reps to help them track and measure their own success and adjust their behaviors in order to meet goals?
Check out these 11 resources for insights on the sales metrics that matter:
- How Salesforce Measures Its Most Important Sales Metrics
- How to Visualize Your Sales Metrics: 6 Example Sales Dashboards
- 7 Sales Performance Metrics That Matter Most & Hints for Increasing Sales Productivity
- Sales Metrics and KPIs
- What Sales Metrics Should You Track? – The Essential List
- The 4 Most Important Key Performance Indicators for Sales Managers
- Four Smart KPIs to Accurately Measure Sales Performance
- How to choose sales metrics that matter
- Select Your Sales Metrics: Which Ones Are Most Important for Your Team?
- 4 of the Most Important Metrics Sales Managers Can Track
- How to Choose, Track and Improve Key Sales Development Metrics for Predictable Growth
Put these strategies, tactics, and resources to use to become an effective, collaborative and inspiring leader, improve sales performance management, and accelerate sales to catapult your team to success.
When it comes to sales software and CRM platforms, Salesforce is the undisputed leader. That’s why organizations and sales managers look to the Salesforce AppExchange when they need tools to help their sales teams increase their productivity and performance. The only problem is the AppExchange is growing larger every day, and executives and sales managers don’t have the time to sift through and find the cream of the crop.
That’s why we created this list of 50 top sales management tools available on the Salesforce AppExchange. With an eye toward closing more deals, reducing inefficiency, and increasing sales effectiveness, we have organized the apps in key categories that make managing sales a more streamlined process. While we have listed our picks for the top 50 sales management tools on the AppExchange here in no particular order, we have included a table of contents to help you easily access the tools best suited to your team’s needs.
- Forecasting, Territory Management, and Sales Enablement Tools
- Gamification, Motivation, and Incentive Tools
- Productivity Tools
- Sales Performance Tools
- Contract and Partner Management Tools
Forecasting, Territory Management, and Sales Enablement Tools
Forecasting, territory management, and sales enablement tools help sales teams work more efficiently and intelligently. Our picks in this category literally help your teams work smarter, not harder.
Sales professionals use Geopointe to transform their Salesforce data into valuable business insights. The tool allows sales teams to search, analyze, route, and take action to unlock the where of their data.
- Provides proximity searching, optimized routing, territory management, boundary layers, demographics, check-in, and more
- Salesforce1 and Lightning ready
- Brings actionable insights to customers’ business processes
- Check in and log meeting notes
- Locate nearby resources to fill openings left by last-minute cancellations
Cost: Starting at $27/user/month
Edit Quotas, by Salesforce Labs, is a forecasting and territory management sales tool that aids sales managers in viewing and setting quotas using the Salesforce graphical user interface. The collaborative forecasting aids users in tracking your business more securely.
- Enter your rep’s quotas only through the API
- Simple screens to view and edit sales reps’ forecasts
- Set new quotas quickly by copying them from a previous forecast period
- Security controls ensure quotas can be viewed and edited only by people who are authorized to do so
Opportunity Planning Wall is a sales enablement tool from Logicline that helps sales teams visualize and modify the opportunity pipeline graphically. The app especially helps sales reps who get lost in the sales pipeline and need a more visual, interactive tool for sales planning.
- Visualizes your opportunities as color-coded cards on a virtual wall
- Filter, sort, and group opportunities by any standard and custom field
- Drag & drop editing of opportunities for more productive and enjoyable collaboration
For sales pros who want to take an intelligent, predictive approach to forecasting and pipeline management, Predictive Pipeline and Forecast Management is a free app from Foretuit. Sales managers choose this AppExchange sales tool to help their reps see their pipeline and manage their forecasts to predict deal success based on the real-world activity around the opportunity.
- App automatically gathers the data it needs, making it accurate and up-to-date at all times
- Analyzes reps’ past successes and compares these to their pipelines to predict which opportunities are on track and which are at risk in the forecast
- See the complete picture to uncover hidden risks and discover what reps have overlooked
- Eliminates the need to track down reps to update the data
A sales tool built to increase sales effectiveness, FunnelSource: Pipeline Management and Forecasting has become the highest-rated pipeline management and forecasting app on the AppExchange. FunnelSource provides everyone in the sales organization with real-time visibility.
- The straightforward, quota-centric view is designed for how salespeople think and aims to boost efficiency, data integrity, and accountability
- Single-screen interface replaces multiple dashboards and reports
- Real-time view of the funnel to manage proactively and hold reps accountable
Cost: Contact for a quote
From Touchpoint Solutions, Territory Management Made Easy is a forecasting and territory management app that makes it easier to create and manage sales teams. The app also minimizes the impact of rep turnover and territory realignment.
- Automatically assign accounts, contacts, open opportunities, and open activities to the new territory owner
- Use What Ifs to determine how a new territory definition affects the number of accounts, year-to-date sales, and the pipeline
- Easily assign accounts that don’t match a geographical boundary with exception accounts
Sales Clarity provides sales forecasting for B2B sales managers. With Sales Clarity, you can save time by quickly and easily accessing pinpointed, consolidated sales data instead of losing hours by searching through several windows for forecast and pipeline information. You’ll also enjoy more efficient forecast review meetings thanks to Sales Clarity.
- Powerful B2B forecasting
- Easily see which important opportunities have changed
- View integrated pipeline growth and conversion data on one screen to quickly determine how much pipeline has converted to revenue
Cost: Contact for a quote
For account management, sales planning, meetings, and coaching, Strategy Mapper is an ideal sales enablement tool. Sales managers provide their sales teams with a consistent framework for planning and executing selling activities in Salesforce when they introduce Strategy Mapper as a key sales enablement tool.
- 100% native Salesforce.com application and perfect partner for Salesforce Einstein to gather sales intelligence
- Intuitive interface for easily and consistently building, maintaining, and communicating account and opportunity plans and capture customer intelligence in all customer interactions
- Includes Account Mapper, Opportunity Mapper, and Meeting Mapper, all of which are integrated and configurable to easily fit your sales processes and methodology
With their pipeline and quota management sales forecasting software, Marseli offers advisory services from VP-level sales and marketing consultants. Sales managers can expect to transform your sales operations quickly with Marseli.
- Improve forecast accuracy, quota attainment, and sales productivity
- Predict future sales performance with the data you already have
- Accurate, reliable forecasts
Revenue Storm provides consulting, training, coaching, and analytics to help executives and your teams achieve alignment and drive profitable sales. Their forecasting and territory management tool, the Revenue Storm Pursuit Profiler Tool, identifies the strongest and most vulnerable aspects of each sales relationship.
- Objectively examine sales pursuits to identify the most qualified
- Know where to focus sales team efforts
- Improve sales forecasting and win rates
Cost: Contact for a quote
Gamification, Motivation and Incentive Tools
Xactly offers enterprise-class, cloud-based incentive compensation software for employee and sales performance. The Xactly Incent Express is an incentive compensation management tool for SMBs that helps companies use incentive compensation with commissions to drive motivation.
- Helps growing companies address critical challenges during development
- Transform incentive compensation programs into a strategic performance driver
- Automates the commission process while reducing errors, improving dispute resolution, and enhancing internal controls
- Ensures timely payouts while providing reps with real-time performance data, increasing satisfaction, and accelerating sales
Cost: Contact for a quote
LevelEleven is a sales activity management solution for modern sales leaders. With their motivation app, you can optimize sales performance to drive revenue using sales performance scorecards.
- Sales performance scorecards engage sales teams to pursue actions that matter and contribute to a culture of performance
- Ensure your metrics-drive sales approach maximizes revenue potential
- Made for sales managers, not IT
- Generates immediate ROI by maximizing Salesforce and your sales team
Cost: Contact for a quote
An app by Salesforce Labs, Clean Your Room! inspires sales teams with a weekly pipeline housekeeping dashboard. Sales reps will not want to be listed on the leaderboard because it displays deals that have been pushed multiple times, deals without recent activity, and deals that are missing key data.
- Uses a push counter trigger to determine how many times an opportunity has been pushed forward to close
- Details opportunities that are set to close but have not had any recent activity
- Lists opportunities that are missing next steps, products, partners, etc.
A sales performance analytics company for fast-growing tech businesses, Insight Squared offers a free sales leaderboard on the AppExchange. Whether you are tired of paying for a sales motivation tool or you have never tried one before, the Leaderboard by InsightSquared is a highly-rated option.
- Promote rep competition
- Display top 5 reps by month or quarter
- Get real-time deal notifications
- TV friendly
Utilizing modern game and competition theory, Hoopla is a leading sales motivation platform. Use the Hoopla app to broadcast your data, promote friendly competition, and recognize your employees live.
- Motivate and engage employees in every department
- Live data broadcasting system to drive increased performance
- Transform your office with a culture of recognition and reward
- Metrics from SFDC and others are tracked on television, the web, and mobile apps
Cost: Starts at $18/user/month
For companies that are weary of losing to the competition, Know Your Enemy is an app by Salesforce Labs that leverages Chatter, content, news, and Twitter to help you learn more about what they are doing. The app also helps companies identify the competitive experts within your organization.
- Displays the latest news and tweets about your competition
- Leverage Chatter to connect your competitive experts with your sales organization
- Leverage Salesforce content to ensure your sales team has up-to-date presentations and tear sheets
A market and technology leader in sales effectiveness, sales performance management, and sales incentive compensation software applications and services, CallidusCloud presents Commissions, a solution for managing your entire incentive compensation process.
- Deliver transparent incentives
- Favorably change sales behaviors
- Designed for business users – intuitive and easy to use
- Build compensation plans, change organizational hierarchies, generate reports, and forecast expenses without needing IT
- Improve sales productivity
Cost: Contact for a quote
ThinkSmartOne helps companies improve performance and increase sales using motivation incentives and gamification tools. Their incentive app boosts Salesforce adoption, cybersecurity, and more.
- Drive, manage, track, and reward desired behaviors using simple gamification methods within Salesforce
- A complete incentive app
- Get better sales performance from your sales team
- Motivate employees and partners using Sales Cloud or Communities
- Gain total control of your incentive program; set your own targets, write your own rules, and run your own budgets
Cost: Starts at $20/user/month
A Salesforce partner, Surfwriter publishes RevenueCloud and CloudComp apps for Salesforce. RevenueCloud is a 100% native, certified, Chatter-enabled, and user-friendly compensation management app that supports product splits and revenue splitting.
- Enables opportunity, product, and revenue schedule splits between sales reps and calculate commissions for all types of Salesforce opportunities
- Customize reports and dashboards
- Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, or custom time frames stored in Salesforce
- 30-day free evaluation
Cost: Contact for a quote
A comprehensive, integrated enterprise gamification platform for employee engagement, GamEffective is available for use with Salesforce to supercharge your organization’s sales performance with digital motivation and real-time feedback. With GamEffective, you can drive behaviors and performance while simultaneously offering feedback and communicating targets.
- Drive sales behaviors and performance
- Provide feedback, benchmarks, and targets
- Drive learning
- Improve sales pipeline quality through better CRM use
Cost: Contact for a quote
Ambition is an employee productivity platform that increases revenue. Their app uses goals, scorecards, contests, and analytics to increase sales to motivate the entire workforce to drive sales and improve customer service.
- Create contests and competitions around any Salesforce object or metric
- Broadcast live performance updates across teams and offices
- Increase transparency and build a winning, high-performance culture
- G2Crowd’s Category Leader in Sales Performance Management for 2016
Cost: Contact for a quote
A leading Salesforce and Force.com consultancy, Corsica enables their Global 1000 clients to accomplish more than they thought possible. Their gamification app, Corsica, increases engagement, loyalty, performance, adoption, and motivation while aligning teams with corporate goals.
- Create objectives based on standard and custom objects and standard and custom fields
- Limit eligibility of objectives to specific users, groups, and roles to drive tailored behaviors and development in each area of your business
- Includes all necessary components for successful gamification: objectives aligned with corporate goals, reward and recognition for achievements, and feedback for measuring progress toward goals
- Display leaderboards on plasma screens
- Display badges and achievements on users’ Chatter profile pages
TimeTrade helps companies create the conversations that drive business. Our SaaS-based Customer Engagement Cloud enables businesses to provide a personalized service guarantee. Our Scheduler app is an Salesforce online appointment scheduling tool that helps sales teams close more deals faster.
- Access the power of TimeTrade’s leading appointment scheduling platform without leaving Salesforce
- Have more conversations to grow accounts and close deals more quickly
- Eliminate time wasted with back-and-forth emails or phone calls with prospects by offering appointments in seconds
- Ensure accurate scheduled meeting tracking from within Salesforce on the lead and contact level without requiring manual updates of personal calendars
- Match prospect and customer requests with sales reps in real time based on availability and keep no-shows to a minimum with automatic confirmations and reminders
- Supports both inbound and outbound activity
Cost: Contact for a quote
From Salesforce Labs, Salesforce CPQ is a solution for configuration and quoting. Users can ensure pricing while reducing quote errors with this native CPQ built on Lightning.
- Streamlines configuration
- Helps reps reduce quote errors, manage proposals, and close more deals in the Sales Cloud
- Part of Salesforce Quote-to-Cash
- Product configurator guides sales reps to best products and services for each customer
Cost: Starts at $75/user/month
Formerly Enabler4Sheets, G-Connector is a productivity app that helps companies save money on SFDC licenses because it enables your non-SFDC users to see live SFDC data. G-Connector also automatically refreshes SFDC reports or data pulled with SOQL.
- Salesforce Data Loader directly from Google Sheets
- Data snapshots saved to Google Drive
- Data monitoring and metrics, plus send alerts to multiple recipients
- Add-on to Google Spreadsheets pulls any data from Salesforce and schedules automatic refreshing of that data even if you are offline
Fileboard’s intelligent sales platform makes every rep a top performer, resulting in 30% more wins. We prioritize sales tasks based on actual customer engagement, so reps sell laser focused & persistent, and hit targets 40% faster.
- Tells reps what to do next based on actual customer engagement. It makes every rep laser focused, a persistent seller and a top performer.
- Gets even the most inexperienced rep ramped up 40% faster, saving you at least 3 months of lost quota per rep.
- Provides all the tools required to be successful in sales and it auto-logs all sales activity. Stop wasting 1 day/week per rep on switching tools and relentless logging.
Cost: Starts at $95/user/month
Conga increases productivity across businesses by streamlining Salesforce. One of their productivity tools, Conga Courier, is available on the AppExchange and helps sales teams extend your Salesforce report delivery.
- Schedule and automatically email an unlimited number of individual Salesforce reports
- Customize email sender, recipients, and message
- Embed report in email or send as an attachment in Excel, CSV, or Printable View
- No hourly limits – schedule reports with the frequency you need
Cost: Starts at $1/report/month
GaugeLabs simplifies approval management to speed the sales process and increase productivity. Their Approval Manager is a powerful suite of applications that helps companies improve their in-house approval process to save deals before opportunities are lost to competitors.
- Forecast and measure the number of records that are submitted, approved, or rejected
- Escalate approval records that are pending over a specific period of time
- Automate approval submission
- Remove bottlenecks in the approval process by automatically sending reminders and messages to the approval manager
InsideSales offers a leading sales acceleration platform that is built on Neuralytics, a predictive and prescriptive self-learning engine. Their PowerDialer for Salesforce enhances sales communication and helps sales teams be as productive as possible.
- Increase calls and convert more leads to opportunities
- Life performance and revenue
- Sales communication with prescriptive sales action, machine learning lead prioritization, one-touch dialing, and automatic local numbers with LocalPresence
Cost: Contact for a quote
Apttus has revolutionized quote-to-cash on the Apttus Intelligent Cloud. Now, sales teams use the Apttus X-Author for Excel for quote-to-cash, CPQ, contract management, subscription billing, and invoices.
- Update opportunities
- Assign leads
- Create quotes
- Upload data
- Enjoy the power of Microsoft Office inside Salesforce
- Use unlimited related and unrelated standard or custom objects simultaneously to create, retrieve, update, delete, or insert data across an infinite number of Excel worksheets for a powerful data loader
Cost: Contact for a quote
Tact is the sales experience platform that transforms any connected device into an AI-powered smart assistant via voice, SMS, and an offline mobile app. In fact, their productivity app helps sales teams have everything you need at your fingertips.
- Automates data entry and delivers insights to make any time selling time
- Instantly logs activities into CRM by logging seller activities after each customer call or meeting and capturing essential details of each interaction in seconds
- Gain CRM visibility in every call, email, and meeting
- 100% offline sync native architecture
Cost: Contact for a quote
A mobile enterprise solutions company based in Silicon Valley, Luminix, Inc., offers Pulsar for Salesforce. This productivity app makes it possible for sales professionals to access Salesforce offline on iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Your data is ready for offline read/write access
- Unified view for calendar and Salesforce events
- Manage opportunities, set appointments, keep track of tasks, fill out surveys, and take and complete orders while onsite with customers
Algoworks focuses their work on mobility, Salesforce, business intelligence, ECM, and software product engineering. Their Opportunity Manager is a force.com native application that was inspired by the demands and preferences of thousands of users of the basic opportunity tool in Salesforce.
- Editable, interactive pipeline view of opportunities
- Powerful infographics tool to view data via charts
- Interactive and easy to use pagination and record-view mode
- Drag and drop feature to minimize time spent updating records
CRMGuidance builds apps that close Salesforce gaps. Their Workflow Rules app allows changes in the formula field value to trigger workflow on any object.
- Automate email alerts
- Field updates
- Create new records on any object
- Workflows don’t count against Salesforce Workflow limits
Action Plans, a productivity app by Salesforce Labs, transforms best practices into reusable task templates. Create an Action Plan for an account, opportunity, contact, or lead.
- Pre-assign template tasks to a specific individual or assign to the running user
- Promotes best practices
- Encourages reusability
- Saves time and improves productivity
Minutz is a leading meeting management software that helps companies revolutionize the way you manage meetings. With Minutz, sales managers capture and distribute meeting minutes, track actions, and record decisions.
- Easily create, plan, and manage all your meetings with Minutz
- Produces and distributes professionally formatted PDF agendas and minutes at the touch of a button
- Track meeting actions through to completion with a full audit trail
- Record decisions and meeting attendance
- Find important meetings notes or decisions easily through intelligent search of your full historical meeting database
Cost: Starting at $8/user/month
KnowledgeTree software centers on sales enablement for content marketing and sales productivity for reps. Their productivity app utilizes data science to predict your winning content, push it to your reps via email or Salesforce, and scores its effectiveness.
- Create, discover, and predict winning content
- Increase prospect engagement and content use
- Predict winning content based on real sales results
- Equip sales reps with content proven to accelerate deals and boost sales productivity
- Proactively push best practice content to sales teams in Salesforce or mail
Cost: Contact for a quote
Brainshark provides sales training, coaching, and content authoring via leading sales enablement and productivity solutions used by more than half the Fortune 100. Brainshark for Salesforce accelerates sales performance by preparing sales reps for better sales conversations with prospects and customers.
- Close more deals with better conversations
- Onboard new reps more quickly and keep them ready by quickly providing interactive and engaging training
- Enables anyone to create rich, mobile-friendly content to drive sales readiness and effectiveness
- Deliver the best, most up-to-date content to sales reps
Cost: Contact for a quote
CM-Focus specializes in developing apps on the force.com platform and other SaaS solutions. Their AccountPal is a productivity app designed to bridge the gap between sales and marketing for account-based marketing.
- Drives account-based sales, marketing, and lead processing
- Current market engagement analytics
- Assign leads to the appropriate account owners using account-based routing
- Import target accounts and contacts for account-based marketing from LinkedIn
Sales Performance Tools
From Salesforce Labs, the Sales Activity Dashboard shows how an organization can analyze a sales rep’s activity rates and types against opportunities. This sales performance tool gives sales managers the ability to view the types of activity their sales team members engage in on opportunities.
- Visibility of sales activities
- Custom reports based on the out-of-the-box application
- Gain visibility into the sales professional work rate
- Identify neglected opportunities and accounts
When you can see your sales pipeline, you can improve your sales performance. That is the insight that the Free Pipeline Analytics app from insight Squared delivers.
- See pipeline history in a single interactive chart with historical data in Salesforce
- Compare past revenue to past pipeline volume to better predict if you have enough pipeline to hit your goals
- Instantly visualize your complete pipeline and monitor pipeline growth
- See your pipeline value broken down by sale stage
The Sales KPI Dashboard 1.0 is a Salesforce Labs app that displays graphs to help sales professionals determine the efficiency of your operational business. The app also aggregates relevant sales key performance figures and helps sales managers take corrective actions as needed to improve sales performance.
- High level overview of your sales operation
- Determine the efficiency of your sales organization
- Identify who generates business and identify areas where management support is required
The Gary Smith Partnership works to expand businesses through the implementation of Salesforce and marketing automation applications. The GSP Sales Dashboard – Enterprise+ is one Gary Smith Partnership app that delivers exceptional pipeline and sales performance visibility for enterprises.
- Fully customizable dashboard
- Gain visibility into the size, trend, and quality of the sales pipeline and sales performance
- All charts and reports are fully customizable
- Includes pipeline quality metrics to enable managers to assess pipeline health
Trending Opportunity, a sales performance app by Salesforce Labs, delivers simple dashboards and reports that allow sales teams to compare opportunity amounts from the previous year to current amounts. View all your opportunities and the total amount earned last year versus this year to improve your sales performance.
- No set-up required, thanks to pre-installed reports and dashboards
- Lists all opportunities by rep
- Lists total amount earned this year versus the amount at the same time last year
GPS Dashboard integrates location with Salesforce. GPS Dashboard’s CHECK-in is an advanced sales analytics and performance management app that utilizes geolocation to guarantee your field sales team performs at the highest possible level.
- Improve sales performance with the advanced sales analytics and performance app
- Gain new visibility into field sales activities with actionable business intelligence
- Simplify your sales process, verify customer visits, collect call details, and optimize your outside sales force
Sales History Advanced Dashboard, from Salesforce Labs, delivers powerful analytics to help you understand your sales cycles. This sales performance tool utilizes analytics features such as multi axis charts and functions like PREVGROUPVAL.
- Determine how your sales are doing this year compared to last year
- Identify how your win rate is doing against the target
- Intuitive and easy to use
A sales performance app from inCloud online, anyGoal helps sales managers recognize achievement and improve performance. Help your sales reps by setting goals, recognizing their achievement, and improving their performance.
- Set individual targets for any interval and view performance based on % of goal achieved
- Free trial available
- Gain a complete view of performance by viewing actual results compared to individual goal targets
- Assign goal owners and control how goal data is securely shared across your organization
Contract and Partner Management Tools
Apttus Contract Management offers contract lifecycle management (CLM) for contracts. Built on Salesforce for enterprises, Apttus Contract Management helps companies reduce compliance risks and close more deals faster.
- The leading contract lifecycle management solution for enterprises
- Accelerate sales with easy-to-use tools like one-click contracts and the contract creation wizards
- Full integration with Microsoft Word
- Gain complete visibility to contract details, track approval histories, and meet obligations with configurable workflow
Cost: Contact for a quote
Model N is the leading provider of revenue management cloud solutions for life sciences and technology industries. Their Model N CDM for Salesforce is a fully-automated channel data management solution for Salesforce that provides accurate and timely intelligence for real-time visibility to channel POS and inventory data.
- Automatically collect, improve, and communicate POS data for optimizing channel management and accelerating decision making
- Maximize channel revenues
- Accelerate decision making with better accuracy and visibility
Impartner delivers the industry’s most robust SaaS-based partner relationship management and marketing automation platform solutions. Their partner management app is designed for companies that sell through partners and provides you with everything you need to successfully sell, service, and support your company’s solutions.
- Provides an enterprise-class web application for managing all aspects of the partner lifecycle
- Fully customizable with your company branding
- Can be up and running in 30 days with the highly-engineered Velocity 3-step onboarding process
Cost: Starts at $2,000/partner/month, up to 100 partners